Pricing & Registration
Members Rs. 2800/-
Non-Members Rs. 4000/-
Registration is on First Come First Serve basis
We are approaching 8th PMI Lahore, Pakistan Chapter’s Annual Project Management Symposium. The theme of the Symposium is: Succeeding with Project Management. Last year’s event was an outstanding success thanks to the active participation by project management practitioners like yourself. For most participants these events not only helped in their professional development but also earned them valuable PDUs. PMI Lahore, Pakistan Chapter’s goal has been to provide the growing project management community in Lahore and the region with the opportunity to learn and share their knowledge and to network with their peers.
The 18th November Symposium will feature following speakers
Dr. Khalid Ahmad Khan, PMP, Ph.D.
Dr. Khalid has Ph.D. in Strategy, Programme & Project Management from SKEMA Business School, Lille, France, MS in Chemical Engineering from Northwestern University (USA) and BS in Chemical Engineering from KFUPM (Saudi Arabia) and is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from Project Management Institute.
He has 25 years of experience in portfolio/program/project management, policy development for Public/Private sectors.
Key project/program management achievements include model for setting up and operating PMOs for major public infrastructure projects, implementation of Earned Value Management in major projects, portfolio analysis/management of public infrastructure and standards for Project Control Systems.
Key policy development achievements include KP Government Frameworks for Portfolio /Project and PMIS, KP Government IT Policy, Punjab Government Procurement Strategy 2006, Punjab Government Consultant Selection Guidelines, Punjab Procurement Rules, Standard RFP for Consulting, Standard Agreements for Consultants, Standard Contract and Guidelines for Monitoring & Evaluation.
Key standards development work includes lead/core content writer for PMI PMBOK 5th Edition (Procurement Knowledge Area), PMI PMBOK 4th Edition (Time Knowledge Area) PMI PMBOK Government Extension 3rd Edition, PMI Portfolio Management Standard 2nd Edition, and PMI Post-Disaster Reconstruction Methodology.
Created a department in Punjab Government (Directorate General M&E) to support and monitor of a provincial development portfolio of over PKR 120 billion spanning Infrastructure, Social and IT Sectors.
Doctoral research on identifying success factors, success criteria and their relationship in Public Sector projects in Pakistan.
Teaching experience of Project, Program Management, Procurement, Results Based Management at LUMS, Etisalat Academy (Dubai), NIPA, NMC, NUST and UET
MBET (U Waterloo), PMP, PMI-RMP, CISA, ITIL
Mashhood Ahmed is active project management practitioner with over 18 years of experience in the field of project management and management consulting. Currently, he is leading a diverse portfolio of programs and projects at
Sidra Medicine located in Doha, Qatar, which is state of the art green field tertiary-care hospital. Prior to Sidra Medicine, he ran a boutique consulting firm in Canada and served as an adjunct faculty member at Grant MacEwan University.
He spoke at number of conferences, most recently he gave a talk with PMI New Zealand Conference in September 2018.
Mr. Ahmed holds a Masters degree from the University of Waterloo in Business, Entrepreneurship & Technology. He holds the PMP designation since 2008 and PMI-RMP (Risk Management Professional) and CISA (Certified Information System Auditor) designations since 2015.
Shawaz Baluch PMP
Mr. Shawaz Baluch is a motivational speaker, social entrepreneur, philanthropist and Educationist, working for the society in the domains of education, health, poverty alleviation, and Disabled people. He carries the vision of motivating and providing free education, health and awareness to the society through action oriented approach. Moreover, to his credit he is the first blind in the world to hold the certification of PMP USA, PRINCE 2 UK, Social entrepreneur Oxford university, and web developer LUMS, M.Phil. PM (Gold Medalist).
Ahsan Maqbool, PMP, RMP, PMI-BA, MCTS
Head of IT Governance/PMO, IT Security at Fatima Group (Fatima Fertilizers Limited)
– Represented Fatima group PMO from Pakistan in PMO Global Awards as Head of PMO.
– Team Member PMBOK 5th Edition Development – PMI – USA
– Certified Project and Risk manager with extensive experience of working and development of PMO (Program & Project Management offices ) from standard to advanced level that includes setting up PMO, PMO Support Services & Tools, PMO Training’s and PMO Competency Development Departments ,establishing PMO policies, PMM (Project management methodology), Procedures, work instructions in Telecommunication, Engineering, Utility and EPC sector.
– Experience of managing large programs and projects of IT, EPC, Utility, Telecom as Program/Project Manager
– Proficient in the use of project management tools (tools to automate tasks such as scheduling, resource balancing and time recording). Experience of project planning and control techniques (such as work breakdown structures, critical path analysis, earned value, resource analysis and conflict resolution) and project risk management (identifying, assessing and managing project risks that could result in time or cost over-runs, or failure to deliver
– A certified Trainer of Leading Project Management Institutes for Project Management Certification Training’s in UAE, UK and Pakistan
– Experience of conducting numerous corporate and public training’s and workshops of PMP & RMP (Risk Management) Preparation Courses , MS Project 2003, 2007 / Primavera 5 & 6, and Project Management in Pakistan, KSA and UAE
– A certified Toastmasters Competent Communicator
Specialties: Project Management Trainings, Planning, Scheduling Monitoring & Control, MS Project, PMO Developments, Process Implementations, Primavera. Risk Management, Risk Planning
Benefits to Attendees:
- 7 Professional Development Units (7 PDUs)
- PMI Lahore Training Voucher worth Rs.3000/- for year 2018-19
- Certificate of Participation
- PMI Branded 10000mAh power Bank
- Recognition Shields for new PMI certification holders (PMP, PMI-RMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA)
- Refreshments & Lunch
Pricing & Registration:
- For Members Rs.2800/-
- For Non-Members Rs.4000/-
- Deposit Check/Cash/online in any MCB Bank Branch and send scanned copy of deposit slip to: email@example.com Account Name: PMI Lahore Chapter Account # 01392-01010044177
- By Mail: Send Cheque to PMI Lahore Chapter, 412/406, 7th Floor, Mega Tower, 63-B Main Boulevard, Gulberg, Lahore
- By Hand: Cash/Cheque at PMI Lahore Chapter, 412/406, 7th Floor, Mega Tower, 63-B Main Boulevard, Gulberg, Lahore
- Internet Banking: Transfer in Standard Chartered Account # 562 7371 9101 or MCB Account # 0139201010044177 and send confirmation at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries please contact the undersigned.
Looking forward to seeing you at the event and thank you for your continued support and participation in the development of Project Management in Pakistan.
Farooq Afzal, PMP®, PMI-PBA®, PMI-ACP®, PMI-RMP®
PMI Lahore Chapter
412/406, 7th Floor, Mega Tower, 63-B Main Boulevard, Gulberg, Lahore